Association Management Assistant
Posted to SCMEC website 1/26/2018
Association Management Firm seeking an individual to support responsibilities for client deliverables in association and event management. The right individual must be able to self-start, juggle multiple tasks, be detail and deadline orientated with good verbal and written communication skills. Individual must maintain a positive and service-oriented attitude, be extremely organized and have advanced level experience in Word and Excel. Prior association management experience required. Bookkeeping experit
Job Duties include, but not limited to:
• Office Administration – daily administration duties
• Client Administration – assist with all client back-office and administrative duties
• Customer Service support, including working with members and attendees to satisfactory resolve any registration issues or problems
• Assistant to Executive Director
• Process and manage event registrations
• Manage production of name badges, attendee lists and reports for all events
• Assist in planning and organizing events, including webinars, courses, seminars, banquets, etc.
• Manage sponsorships and communicate with clients, customers and other staff members
• Provide post event follow ups, reports, etc.
• Assist with client bookkeeping duties
• Individual must be analytical, reliable and pay attention to detail
• Positive, flexible attitude and able to adjust to changing workload
• Extremely proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet-based programs
• Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Ability to handle multiple projects at one time
• Accurate data entry and ability to identify inconsistencies to assure complete and consistent records
• Must be able to relate to all types of personalities and must be able to display a helpful and professional attitude
• Excellent PC skills
• Ability to quickly learn new software
• Experience working in Association Management System databases preferred
• Experience in working with QuickBooks preferred
• Prior experience working in a multi-client environment preferred
• Local travel required
• Ability to work occasional nights (approx. 3-4 times a month) and weekends for client events (approx. 6 times per year)
• Capable of lifting 30 pounds
Job Type: Full-time
San Dimas, CA 91773
Required experience: Association Management Company – Minimum of 1 Year
Salary based on experience. Exempt position.
Note: Only individuals who are detailed oriented and have the ability to handle multiple tasks should apply. This job requires accuracy and attention to details is necessary.
Note: As a service to the CME Community, SCMEC will post new positions available in CME whenever possible. The date the position was posted is indicated. Please do not contact SCMEC regarding these jobs. These positions have not been reviewed by SCMEC Leadership. If your organization has a position open, please use the “Contact Us” form to submit the information.