Job Title: CME Compliance Manager Full-Time / Flexible Hours
American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Job posted on SCMEC site: 12/19/2017
Reports to: Director of Meetings and Education
Location: 11262 Monarch Street, Garden Grove, CA 92841
The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery offers a friendly and collaborative team work
environment with an emphasis on professional development. The CME Compliance Manager is
critical to the Society’s mission of education by monitoring and managing our accreditation as a
CME provider. Exceptional attention to detail, communication and organizational skills are
required for collaboration with the Education team and leadership.
Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
• Manage ACCME compliance and maintain accreditation; act as liaison to ACCME;
coordinate and manage the reaccreditation process; and ensure continuous
evaluation and improvements. Monitor policies and procedures to ensure activities’
development, execution and evaluation are documented as proscribed.
• Assist with education marketing and communications to ensure compliance.
• Manage evaluation process to include compiling results and reporting post-event.
• Analyze results of attendee feedback. Document identified performance gaps, and
identify underlying educational needs.
• Perform and document annual audit [C-12] of educational program.
• Manage documentation requirements for the CME program and activities. Input
activity records into the Program and Activity Reporting System (PARS) of the
• Manage the documentation of the jointly provided activities, using ACCME’s
• Liaise with the Educational Grants Manager as needed to develop grant requests,
review agreements, and maintain proper documentation for ACCME.
• Work with the education team and collaborate to develop efficient processes (i.e.,
online disclosure of conflicts, COI resolution mechanism, online evaluations, etc.).
• Provide consultation on best practices and ACCME compliance to Executive Team as
it relates to educational activities and educational grants.
• Serve as staff liaison to CME, Patient Safety and Symposium Committees, and
additional task forces as assigned. Support overall education structure and day-today
operations as it relates to these committees.
• Consistently demonstrate courteous, ethical, cooperative, accountable and helpful
behavior to all contacts, internal and external.
• Input Aesthetic Surgery Journal CME article information into the publisher’s online
• Perform other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• 3+ years experience in continuing medical education
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
• The ideal candidate should be poised and mature with an ability to interact with
physician members. Must be comfortable with meeting multiple deadlines while
remaining flexible, efficient, and able to problem-solve proactively while maintaining a
keen eye for details and organization with a service-minded attitude.
• Ability to travel up to three times per year.
• Position occasionally requires long hours and extensive movement throughout meeting
facilities for on-site annual meeting responsibilities.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $65,000 per year based on experience. Will include a 12% benefit
package, 12 days holiday/personal days per year, 10 days vacation per year (after first year
employed), flexible schedule, and 401(k) option.
Submit Resume to:
Debi Toombs, Director of Meetings and Education
debi at surgery.org
Note: As a service to the CME Community, SCMEC will post new positions available in CME whenever possible. The date the position was posted is indicated. Please do not contact SCMEC regarding these jobs. These positions have not been reviewed by SCMEC Leadership. If your organization has a position open, please use the “Contact Us” form to submit the information.