Continuing Medical Education (CME) Coordinator
Association management firm has an immediate opening for an experienced Continuing Medical Education (CME) Coordinator. Successful candidate will have the skills to assist in the administration of CME accreditation programs for physicians. The role requires internal and external customer service, attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communications.
Responsibilities Position Summary:
The incumbent is accountable for supporting the Continuing Medical Education (CME) compliance coordination and reporting for all Advocacy & Management Company client programs. The incumbent will also work closely to track and double check all commercial support is provided compliantly.
- Maintain and constantly update all policies, procedures, minutes and activity files in compliance with IMQ and ACCME Guidelines.
- Incumbent is responsible for CME activity faculty/presenter correspondence and follow-up.
- Assist the Event Manager to ensure that all CME activities, documentation and promotional materials comply with program objectives and guidelines set by the ACCME and IMQ.
- Assist with the implementation of theSelf-Assessment Modules (SAMs) for each program.
- Administer CME activities in various formats such as journal and internet CME according to departmental, IMQ and ACCME policies, standards and regulations.
- Review of IMQ and ACCME website and emails for new or updated guideline information; collaborate with Event Manager to update policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Review and maintain activity records, policies and procedures, minutes and files in accordance with IMQ and ACCME guidelines.
- Assist with preparation of accreditation materials, consisting of Annual Review, PARS reporting, and Re-accreditation Application requirements.
- Assists with preparation of written materials: proofread and edit written and printed materials.
- Assist Planning Committees and Event Manager in development and refinement of educational needs and objectives to be addressed by a CME activity.
- Develop CME committee documents for review in concert with Event Manager.
- Assists in developing and organizing Audience Response System for CME and non-CME activities.
- Process activity evaluations and outcome measurement tools and support development of post-activity reports.
- Manage and maintain accurate, up-to-date information of Category 1 hours and other credit information for all participants.
- Organize documents and materials used for CME conferences.
- Screen and route telephone calls appropriately and expeditiously, take accurate messages and provide complete information to callers. Assists the caller towards problem resolution.
- Ensure discretion and confidentiality of personal information collected from learners and faculty
- On-site support for each CME activity as required by Event Manager and Executive Director.
- Ability to work individually and in a team to build and maintain working relationships by being tactful, helpful, diplomatic and participate with a wide variety of audiences and personalities required.
- Excellent problem-solving ability in a broad range of areas to address all the potential problems that might arise required; scheduling conflicts, communication problems, technical problems, etc.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal including but not limited to correspondence with faculty, activity participants, and representatives from various departments within and outside of the institution.
- Energetic, creative, self-motivated, adaptable, independent worker with a strong sense of responsibility required.
- Knowledge of IMQ and ACCME accreditation criteria or can quickly acquire a thorough understanding preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large projects and conferences preferred.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Publisher, Excel, Database, Outlook and Power Point).
- Excellent customer service, abilities maintain positive rapport and possess excellent written and oral communication and negotiation skills preferred.
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines preferred.
Competitive salary and attractive benefits package. EOE, no calls please.
Please email resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.